Monday, February 06, 2006

Yearn for the sea...

Sorry for the late post today, but blogger was down for maintenance for awhile.

Here is what is inspiring me today...





Posted at 2Peas.

Font is Monotype Corsiva. Background Paper is from Jen Wilson Pool Bayou. Ship is from Dover Clip Art.


I found this quote while reading "When Fish Fly: Lessons for Creating a Vital and Energized Workplace." In the book it refers to the philosophies that the owner and fishmongers of Pike Place use to run the market. For me, it has application as well, but in my home and with my family.

I can show my children how to do things. I can tell them the steps they need to take. What I want more than anything though, is to instill in them the desire, the yearning, to want to suceed on their own. They are the fish I want to teach to fly!


This is a quote I will keep in a special place, one that will ensure I see it often so I remember how I hope to inspire them.

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

.................................................

1 Comments:

Anonymous Debra said...

Katie,

I start each day with your quote and a cup of coffee.

Today's quote is perfect in it's timing.

Thanks & have a wonderful day!

Debra

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home