Friday, February 03, 2006

Superbowl Sunday


I have seen women walk right past a TV set with a football game on and - this always amazes me - not stop to watch, even if the TV is showing replays of what we call a "good hit," which is a tackle that causes at least one major internal organ to actually fly out of a player's body.

~Dave Barry


Did you know that Super Bowl Sunday is the second-largest day of food consumption behind Thanksgiving (American Institute of Food Distribution) and the sales of antacid increases 20 percent the day after (7-11 stores)?

More people watched Super Bowl XXXIX (133.7 million viewers) than voted in the 2004 Presidential election. I guess that is the ultimate statement on where Americans place their values!

I'm heading to the grocery store today to load up on snacks and such for the big weekend. I decided to share this quote and these links today so you can get all geared up for the big game. If I posted them on Sunday, you wouldn't have time to use any of the info for this year's game.


Super Blog

Superbowl Sunday info

Super Bowl History

Super Bowl ads

Super Bowl Sunday entertaining

Super Bowl Gourmet

I'm making the town house cracker back of the box recipe for cranberry delight spread per family member's requests.


Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!


Katie the Scrapbook Lady


my other blogs


........................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home