Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Eating an artichoke



Don't you love how random the topics are that I choose for quotes each day? If you are trying to figure out a pattern, or some sort of rhyme or reason to it all, don't bother because there isn't any!

That's what is fun for me about this blog, just a quote for the day and a little something extra with it. The blogging works like my brain does, jumping from topic to topic in no particular order.

Today's quote is from one of my all time favorite swines:

After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual "food" out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps.

~Miss Piggy



Now I actually like artichokes, but I would have to agree with the pig because they are a lot of work!

Still, they are yummy, and I especially like stuff with artichoke hearts in it. I've got a craving for a good hot artichoke dip so maybe I will make this one tonight.

Artichoke Dip

1 (13 & 3/4 oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles

combine all ingredients in bakind dish. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve warm with white corn tortilla chips.

If you like artichokes also, be sure to check out artichokes.net

Enjoy!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady


.................................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home