Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday

I was looking for a Saturday themed quote and I ran across this one.

Every man has a right to a Saturday night bath.
Lyndon B. Johnson


I thought it was kind of a funny quote from a former U.S. President, but I really have to say I agree. In fact, I'm thinking every woman has the right to a Saturday night bath and I plan to declare my rights tonight!

The Wikipedia entry for Saturday brought up another interesting tidbit about baths on Saturdays:

In Scandinavian countries, Saturday is called Lördag or Löverdag etc., the name being derived from the old word laugr, meaning bath, thus Lördag equates to bath-day.

Check out the entry for some other interesting Saturday facts.

Happy Saturday!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

website
blogs



...................................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home