Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I had fun!



quote art from designer digitals.


This quote makes me smile because it looks like an entry from my childhood journal. Almost every time I wrote about something I signed off with the statement "I had fun!" I ate spaghetti for lunch today. I had fun! I went to Disneyland with my family. I had fun! I lost a tooth yesterday and the tooth fairy left me a quarter. I had fun!

Well, you get the idea. I still have to restrain myself from making these kind of simple and worn out statements in my journaling. I do love the exclamation points as you will notice on my posts. Some things never change! LOL!

If you are a scrapbooker you are probably always looking for ways to enhance your journaling skills. Even if you don't scrap, chances are you appreciate the written word (because you are visiting this blog of course!) and so I'm sure you will enjoy these links as well.

Journaling ideas:


Writing Prompts & Journaling Ideas


Scrap Your Stories

Stress Free Scrapbook Journaling Ideas


It's a Chick's life challenge

Title & Journaling Ideas

Writing Topics -geared toward kids but a great resource for anyone!


Here is an idea for a great journaling activity from the WORD WEB newsletter from the Inspired 2 Write website. I think I will use this one for a scrapbook layout in the next few days.

Activity: Experience and Insight

We're a culture obsessed with 'moving on,' but we can only pick up the lessons life offer when slow down long enough to see what those lessons are. Experience can be wonderful--or not--but the real value lies in the insight we take from it. So, before you head into 2006 at a run, spend some time reviewing your life and reflecting on what you learned in 2005.

Here are some questions you can use:

* Describe your happiest experience of 2005.
* Describe your saddest experience of 2005.
* Describe your most memorable experience of 2005.
* Describe your greatest achievement of 2005.
* Describe your biggest failure of 2005.
* Describe your main disappointment of 2005.
* Describe your most beneficial gain of 2005.
* Describe your most unfortunate loss of 2005.
* Describe your deepest frustration of 2005.
* Describe your most selfless, charitable act of 2005.
* Describe your most profound spiritual insight of 2005.
* Describe your main learning experience of 2005.

Answer the following questions about each experience:

* Which lesson did you learn? What insight did you gain?
* What will be the consequences of that insight?
* What related action will you take in 2006?

Use your journal entries to help you write your life plan for the coming year.


Isn't that a great idea for journaling? I can't wait to try it. I hope I have fun!


Happy Journaling!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

website
blogs

..................................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home