Sunday, January 08, 2006

Family

Sorry I missed the post yesterday, that might happen occasionally, but I will always make up for it with an extra quote!

Family is what is on my mind today so I was pleased to find this quote on the weekly quote challenge at Designer Digitals. You can download it for free so enjoy! If you create a layout with it be sure to post it in their gallery. If you post a layout and are chosen as the "Featured Scrapper" you can win a $20 gift certificate.



I am excited to use this quote on a layout soon!

Here is another quote that I like about family:




Here are some ways that my various family members give me joy:

My Dad sends me random emails with thoughts, pictures, and ideas to share. The other day he sent me some apples (via email - he lives 600 miles away!)



My mom keeps me up to date by sending me links to important news stories. She calls me nearly every day and we discuss important stuff like the grandkids, what we are making for dinner, and our latest finds at Target. ;)

My youngest brother plays the piano with true talent. He has only been taking lessons for about 2 years but you would think it was more like 10. He seems to have a gift for music and he also plays 2 different types of clarinets.

My brother in Texas has always had a soft spot for the underdog, in sports and in life. He cares deeply about people with mental challenges, the homeless, and others in need. He spends his days as a case worker trying to make life better for some people who have it pretty rough.

That is the family I grew up in. Of course I have my own family now but I post plenty about them already. I want to be sure that I am giving my family (both near and far) memories of happiness each day.


Katie the Scrapbook Lady

website
blogs



...................................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home